Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pattern Challenge

This is the quilt that my small group Seams Sew Easy made for the Des Moines Area Quilt Guild show challenge. The 2011 DMAQG Quilt Show Challenge was for the guild to make 150 patriotic quilts by the time of the quilt show, which is September 28th through October 1st (our show is in conjunction with the AQS show). The quilts will be donated to the residents of the Veterans Home in Des Moines before Veterans Day in November. All of the quilts will be displayed at the show.  

As my last post stated, my small group had a challenge for our September meeting, that was held on Thursday night, to make a project from a book or magazine pattern. Here are every one's projects.

This is Veronica's cute little bag! I love her fabric choices!


Here is the quilt that Emma is working on. She still has a couple more rows to attach. This was the size of her new design wall that her husband made for her. All the pinks are so pretty!


Here is Lisa's casserole bag unfolded and ready to load. Don't you just love the cupcake fabric? It makes me hungry for chocolate every time I look at it!


Here it is folded and all ready to go! She can use this to bring something to our potluck next month.


Teresa made 2 bags out of this laminated bright blue floral fabric. They will be great for her to use when she travels. She's thinking of making some more for gifts for her family for Christmas.

Dawn did not have a project to share. She just got back from serving in Afghanistan a little over a month ago. We were just so happy to have her home safe and back in our little group! We missed you so much Dawn!


Here is my finished project. It is from the Motif book by Jeri Kelly. I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a quilt for my dad. Well, I got it all cut out on Monday night and realized there was no way I was going to have it done by Thursday night (unless I didn't sleep or work!). So I decided on another project that I have been wanting to do for awhile. I have had this book for over a year and want to do many of the little quilts to hang up in my house for the different seasons. I decided to start with fall so I could hang it up right away!

Now I just have to work on my Habitat challenge for this Thursday...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing pics of your group's projects. They're all just super, and I especially like your group patriotic quilt donation. It's nice to hear that Dawn is back and sharing time with you again. All the best with your Habitat Challenge fabrics. I hate to say it, but they aren't the easiest fabrics to play with! Have fun at that DSMMQG meeting.

    ReplyDelete