Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My 1st WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I am working on my quilt for my Habitat Challenge for Thursday night's DSMMQG meeting. I am having a tough time deciding on a background color.




Here are my circles on light blue.















Here they are on a darkish gray.
















Here I put them on a two-toned background.

I also have some Kona Eggshell and another fabric just a little darker than that... decisions, decisions. I think I will sleep on it and finish Wednesday night. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I finished the quilt for my Seams Sew Easy small group challenge last Thursday. It is already hanging in the living room!


Other ongoing projects:

-Hoping to start working on the quilt for my dad that I got cut out last week.

-Need to finish the top of my Moda Blush lap quilt

-Have a couple other quilts that I just need to attach the borders. (Not my favorite thing!) and then quilt.

-Lots of other quilts-need to make myself a "to do" list!

-Need to pick out my palette and fabrics for the Dead Simple QAL over at Lily's Quilts.


Have a great Wednesday everyone!


14 comments:

  1. I really like the looks of the dark grey background. But either way, it will be really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circle quilt blocks! They're going to look awesome all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I LOVE the circles! hehe - I like them better on the blue if you go with a single background color, but I love the double background even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIke the circles. How did you cut them? :O) I agree with Lyn - the double background is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dark gray best. The circles look like planets out in space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the double background. Makes me think of planets and space... or maybe that is because my boys are watching Mickey's Space Adventure right now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to WIP! I like the stripe in the middle background, it makes the look cosmic like planets in the sky, very cool! And I was reading down your blog and saw the blog hop with your son wanting to go to more stores! So cute, I hope my boy will be the same way, he already goes with me and he's only 1 1/2! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the two-toned backing! You could even have some blocks blue with the grey stripe in the middle and some grey with the blue stripe in the middle.
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the darker blue and love your wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the two-color background, or maybe three-color or four-color? You're having much more success with circles than I did, which was my original thought. I really like what yours looks like. Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the grey best as it makes the circles really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too think the gray really makes the circles pop, but they all look good. Welcome to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder what you picked, I really like them both. The Habitat fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the blue or the pieced background. Love your circles.

    ReplyDelete