I received these Habitat fabrics in July from the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild. They are the Earth Tones Colorway. There are a total of 7 fabrics in each colorway (there are 3 colorways), and we received 6 fat eights. I have also shown some of the solids that I am thinking about using for this quilt.
I have a couple ideas of what I am going to do, but haven't ironed out the details or started yet. I will be deciding in the next couple days.
Here is a list of our challenge rules:
1. When sewing your piece, only solid fabrics may be added to Habitat fabrics.
2. You may add more Habitat fabric from your own Habitat stash.
3. Use every print (six in your bundle) in your project. Your "unfavorite" prints may be pieced into the back.
4. The finished project should be no smaller than 60 linear inches, and no larger than 120 linear inches. That means you could conceivably make a square quilt 15" X 15" up to 30" X 30". However, other combinations of dimension are acceptable (IE: 24" X 36"). Your finished project could be a table topper, place mat, wall hanging, etc.
5. Bring your finished project to the September 15 DSMMQG meeting. We'll have a show and tell, and take a group photo.
6. Should you not complete your challenge by September 15, (or at a minimum, have the top finished), you will be asked to donate $8 (the cost of six fat 1/8ths) to the DSMMQG treasury
I will post pictures when it is complete!