Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Ribbon!

The Iowa State Fair was held this year from August 11th-21st. I entered my Minnesota Pines quilt and got a pink ribbon-4th place!

I took the Frieda Anderson "SunSet Pines Fused Applique" class at the 2009 AQS Des Moines Quilt Show. I really enjoyed this class. It was all raw-edge, free form cutting-no rulers allowed-and a collage method fusing process. I thought the process was very creative and freeing. I did no sewing on it until I quilted it in the ditch with a variegated thread. Even the binding is just fused.

This was a very fun quilt to make!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbon! It's a beautiful little quilt. I even remember seeing it at the fair but didn't realize it was yours. Isn't it fun to fuse without sewing, just holding everything together with quilting? I like that technique too. It give lots of options for playing, and that's certainly what we quilters like to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is an awesome feeling...and well deserved :o) Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on your 1st Ribbon!

    I am sure you have many to come! I am your 3rd Follower, I found you at Lily's Quilts! I am new as well trying to figure out all this blogging. I enjoy Blog Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trisha, Welcome to blog land. I'm new too. I found you through SBM. I love your first ribbon quilt!!! Nice job!! Hugs --Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your First Ribbon quilt...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete