Thursday, July 26, 2012

Retreat!!

This past weekend I went on a three day retreat with some of my quilt buddies. We had a great time sewing, talking, and eating way too much!(Fred, our hostesses husband is a wonderful cook and baker!) I got four Running With Scissors Bee blocks done.

For the pewter acorn for July
For crafty shenanigans for July
For shimmy blisster for August. She was really on the ball and got her fabric out to us last week!

I also got two more Farmers Wife blocks done. I had to stop because I kept putting the fabric on upside down!

I've had these fabrics in my stash awhile and they seemed just perfect for a lap quilt for our babysitter Suzanne who LOVES yellow. She just got her Doctorate of Chemistry this month, and I think that deserves a quilt. I looked through many books and magazines for a great pattern for these fabrics. Then I got this quilt all cut out! I love having so much uninterupted time when I'm at retreats!
Here is the first block all done. 1 down, 29 to go!

I signed up for the over at Happy Quilting. This game is so very addicting to me. I will not download it because I have to get something done! I got my first weeks block done at retreat too. She is having prizes every week and then at the end for the finished quilts, so check it out if you love the game, or just love working with rainbow colored charms. :-)

I have also joined Lazy Bums. It is a group of people working on finishing some of our UFOs over the next year by challenging each other. You can read more about it on Confessions of A Fabraholic's blog.

Here is my July NuBees block from Laura. I love it!


Now I just have to finish the binding on a quilt to take to the state fair drop off on Saturday morning. I can't wait to go see all the quilts in a couple weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Love your x and + block. So nice to get away, but always nice to come home huh? Happy day.

    ReplyDelete